November 27, 2019
Associate Director (Research) – Holoclara Inc
Position: Associate Director, Research
Candidates must fill out the following or they will not be considered:
A letter describing:
- Their interest in the job and why they would be a good candidate
- Their long term future goals
- CV with current city of residence
Holoclara Inc. is a therapeutic company focused on the development of small molecule therapeutics for the treatment of allergic and autoimmune diseases. Our Caltech-derived company is focused on utilizing roundworm-derived molecules that have demonstrated relief in multiple animal models of inflammation.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Research Associate Director. The Associate Director will support our research program as we characterize our lead drug in preparation for clinical development. This individual will be responsible for supporting Research Team activities, including but not limited to:
- Provide Research Teams with project management leadership and insights in research strategy and process to guide and organize the Research Team.
- Support team members and empower them to complete deliverables efficiently and effectively.
- Support the development of Research strategy and plan according to Research Governance, including project planning and necessary scenario development, planning and analysis.
- Organize and manage research project team meetings, ensuring timely, efficient, and action-oriented operations.
- Work in partnership with project lead and functional leads, to develop, identify risks and opportunities, implement corrective actions and execute on the project plan and strategy.
- Manage external collaboration project and all associated interactions (e.g. meetings, communications etc.) with the partners when necessary.
- Direct research project communications and ensures that all stakeholders (internally and externally) are fully informed and knowledgeable of project activities and their status.
- Manage research project team through stage gate reviews toward milestone completion.
- Liaise with cross-functional and functional stakeholders to execute on cross-functional deliverables and resolve issues.
- Implement best-in-class project management processes and tools/templates such as project schedules, Gantt charts, action/decision logs, risk registers, SharePoint site etc.
- Manage and track non-clinical and clinical study report deliverables for IND filings.
This individual would be joining our company during an exciting time as we characterize our lead drug in preparation for Preclinical Studies and IND filing. This individual would gain insight into major decision making strategies that propel a lead drug from discovery towards human trials.
- PhD in immunology/cell biology, preferably postdoctoral experience or industry experience. Or BS/MS/PharmD + 8-10 years of related industry experience
- A solid scientific background is a must. Relevant experience consists of work in a scientific field or equivalent experience in association with Research, Translational Sciences/Medicine, R&D project teams and/or in cross-functional project management activities.
- Must have extensive experience in applying principles, concepts, practices, and standards of project management in Research and/or Translational Sciences/Medicine.
- Prior experience in cellular therapy, synthetic biology, inflammation and immune disease research greatly preferred.
- Exemplify our core value – integrity, accountability, team work, excellence and inclusion.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills along with ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate progress toward milestones, opportunities, and risks to all stakeholders.
- Must exhibit high emotional intelligence, with demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate through challenging situations and difficult conversations.
- Possess a strong ability to build trust, along with demonstrated ability to drive, lead and influence colleagues across the organization to achieve team, department and corporate goals.
- Must be a team player, focusing on shared goals, being flexible and applying skills where required, respecting others, listening to others’ views and value others’ contribution, sharing information and good ideas across organizations and celebrating/recognizing accomplishments.
- Must have strong leadership skills and ability to effectively develop teams and coach others.
- Must be comfortable and efficient in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing environment.
- Stock options
- Health care insurance
- Dental & vision insurance
- Paid time off and holiday time off
Salary $85-100K depending on Degree, specialization, and Industry experience
PhD + Industry experience: will consider higher salary
Email directly to CEO: