June 5, 2015
Elections for the 2015-2016 Executive Council
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
We need postdocs to lead the USC Postdoctoral Association (PDA) for the 2015-2016 academic year. The term for the current council members will end June 30, 2015 and it is in the best interest of all postdocs to find representatives as soon as possible. The USC PDA’s overall mission is to improve the experience of all postdoctoral scholars. Being a part of the USC PDA executive council will build your professional skills, meet postdocs from USC, Los Angeles and around the country, and influence USC policies that benefit the postdoc community. The PDA collaborates closely with the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs and engages with other USC and off-campus entities.
Self-nominations are invited for the following positions:
1. President: oversees all the PDA activities
2. Vice President: steps in when the president is not available
3. Secretary: maintains records of all our events
4. Treasurer: manages the finances
5. HSC Networking Chair: coordinate networking events at HSC
6. UPC Networking Chair: coordinate networking events at UPC
7. Professional Development Chair: coordinates professional development events
8. Communications Chair: administers all USC PDA communications including social networks, emails, and the website
9. Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA) Representative: represents CHLA postdocs
10. Humanities and Social Sciences Representative: represents postdocs from the humanities and social sciences
11. Information Sciences Institute (ISI) Representative: represents ISI postdocs
As an executive council member, you will meet once a month to discuss issues pertinent to postdocs as well as organize interesting events.
Multiple information sessions will be hosted by the current executive council in the next week, with dates and times to be announced shortly. Sessions will be held at Traditions for happy hour at UPC, the courtyard at the Saban Research Institute for coffee break at CHLA, and at the HSC campus. Please come and get your questions answered about how to get involved.
Elections will be held the week of June 29th, during which you are invited to attend the council meeting and the current executive council will vote.
Deadline for nominations is WEDNESDAY JUNE 24th, 2014.
Please send your nominations by email to the current vice president, Jean Alupay, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “USC PDA election nominee”. In your message please include:
- Your name
- Your campus affiliation (i.e. HSC or UPC)
- Your lab
- Your position of interest
- A very short (1-2 sentences) statement of interest.
If you have any questions, feel free to email Jean.
Click here to view the USC PDA Bylaws, which include detailed descriptions of each Executive Council position.